All Open Opportunities
The Museum Store Associate is the public face of The Richard Nixon Presidential Museum and Library. This is a part-time position including weekends, holidays, and some nights. Must have a positive attitude, be a critical thinker, and enjoy working with visitors from around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and close cash registers, performing such tasks as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, vouchers, and balancing cash drawers. Prepare sales slips or sales contracts. Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs. Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise. Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Answer telephone calls requesting general information and process orders. Place special orders and maintain records related to those sales.
- Clean shelves, counters, merchandise, and tables. Maintain sanitary conditions and practice safe-food handling techniques in the café.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices. Inventory stock and requisition new stock. Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires. Prepare merchandise for purchase. Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts. Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations. Identify and make known any health or safety concerns. Immediately report any accidents, incidents, or any other situation that is out of your control and that could cause harm or injury to yourself, a co-worker or a visitor.
- Be able to stand for 6-8 hours shifts, use a step-ladder to reach items 6-8 feet off the floor, lift up to 50 pounds. Café duties include making coffee, stocking and rotating food items, wiping tables/counters, and spot cleaning as needed.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $12.00 /hour
To apply for the position, please email a resume to Duane Cruz-Garcia, Museum Store Manager, at email@example.com.
The Richard Nixon Foundation is looking for highly motivated research interns to aid in the development of student educational materials, and research a policy area of the Nixon administration. Fields of study that may be explored consist of the 37th President’s Cold War era foreign policy with the Soviet Union, China, Europe, and Vietnam; and his far ranging domestic agenda including civil rights, environmental protection, and energy conservation.
Interns will also have the opportunity to publish articles based on their research by describing primary documents from the National Archives, and drawing connections between current events and the Nixon administration.
For internship opportunities please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.